* Ask geographical questions, collect and record evidence.
* Analyse information and draw conclusions.
* Use geographical vocabulary.
* Use atlases, globes and maps to find the location of places, describe where they are and find out about those places.
* Use a key to find out information such as height above sea level, regional differences in climate, difference in landscape and environment and population density.
* Recognise how places fit together and are inter-dependent.
* Recognise physical and human features.
* Record local features on a map.
* Understand how settlements have evolved in relation to natural assets and compare this with other countries.